Thursday, July 16, 2009

IKEA and Expensive Tastes

Last weekend Marci, Aaron, Priya and Shivanee came over to paint my living room area and I LOVE IT! The color is great. As it was going up I was afraid it was going to be a baby boy blue but after the second coat went on and dried it transformed into the Pensive Sky that I wanted. And after the third coat of white gloss on the dental molding, it popped. Now my only concern is that my Spa Linen tufted ottoman I ordered from Ballard Design won’t match it. I don’t want it to be matchy-matchy but I want the two blue colors to coordinate. My wall color seems to change from gray to blue so it will be almost impossible to pick out something that matches its color exactly.

I placed my Ballard Design order on July 2nd and still both my rug and my ottoman are ‘in process.’ The Spa Linen fabric for my ottoman was backordered and I guess they’re still waiting on it. And I don’t know why it’s taking so long for my rug. If I don’t hear that things are being shipped by the end of the month I’m going to call and complain and hopefully get a discount.

I’m going to go to IKEA this weekend and I found, what I think, are some dressers that will work perfectly for my entertainment stand. I wasn’t going to buy much from IKEA for my place since it’s my adult place and I want quality pieces. But as it always turns out, I have expensive tastes but am too cheap to pay for the pieces I want so have to make due with ‘reproductions.’

My bedroom is pretty much finished. I just need to rearrange some accessories and hang artwork and curtains. And I need to shorten my roman blinds in there so the little cord doesn’t have to pull so much weight each time I open and close my blinds.

For the time being I’ve given up on having an Open House in August. I’m just not going to have enough finished to be happy enough to bring people in and show off my place. A easy project I need to do is to sew my curtains for my living room. That would make a world of difference except I need to buy like 20 yards of white linen and I’m having trouble paying for the good stuff…again. I’m going to have to buy that fabric online as well since when I was at JoAnn’s this past weekend they don’t have bolts of fabric in that long of lengths.

I took a walk today to wander around décor stores. I stopped in the Red Barn Mercantile which is on S. Columbus Street. I’d never been in there before and it has a lot of cute things. They have accessories that are included in what I want to get for my condo, but they all seemed to be the same size…small…and I’m going to need objects of varying sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment