Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Post Office and State Farm

So I took a little break from the condo this past weekend which included the 4th of July. Well it wasn’t an entire break. I repainted my entire bedroom and crown molding on Friday before going home. But all I have left to do now in my bedroom is clean up around my molding and find a decent curtain rod to hang my curtains, which are now finished.

My mail has started to trickle in. On June 1st I went online and completed the change of address form for the Post Office to start delivering my mail to Martha on the 12th. Well once I submitted it I stopped getting mail at the townhouse. So I called the Post Office about week later and told them about this. I had a pleasant man who said that my courier mustn’t have paid attention and started to forward my mail. So the man on the phone was going to tell him about it.

Well after moving into my condo I wasn’t getting any mail. Just KariSue’s (former owner). So I called the Post Office again and got a woman who wasn’t quite as pleasant. I told her about how on the 1st I put in to get my mail forwarded on the 12th, but I hadn’t been getting any mail anywhere. She said in a smart remark “Well what were we supposed to do with it?’ and I told her that the way it works is that until the 12th, you keep delivering my mail at my old address then starting on the 12th, the mail should have been forwarded. I don’t think that got any real response.

So at one home day during lunch to meet with a painter, my mailman came and delivered my mail. I told him all about it and he said to give it until the beginning of July to get all my mail. And he also said he would tell my regular postman, apparently he was just filling in.

I think I’m getting my mail now though. I just thought I would miss all the confusion by doing it in advance online but that didn’t help at all.

My State Farm papers got forwarded to me. You would think that when I call to buy some homeowner’s insurance, the insurance company would be smart enough to update my records to send my mail to that address, but they weren’t. Marci also got some of my State Farm mail. They changed my address to her new apartment address.

So I had to call them and tell them that they had it all screwed up, especially because they had the place of residence as 3300 Commonwealth Avenue or something like that. That is neither of our addresses nor did either of us ever live there. (I think that is an address I gave them when doing my insurance ‘homework’ for the city.) So I made sure that in the end, she had Marci’s address for Marci, and my address for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment