Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Friend Ebay

So I was seriously distracted for the past hour on Ebay. Not Christmas shopping, but fabric shopping. I never thought of purchasing fabric online just because I prefer to shop in person so I can get a real feel for the texture and color of fabric. But after visiting Aesthetic Oiseau's site (in blog list) she mentioned how she found great fabrics and trims and vintage prints on Ebay. So I checked it out first for some prints to work above my headbord in my bedroom but didn't know if I should go the butterfly, bird or foliage route. Then I moved onto trim for my soon to be curtains and found great things. And then I switched over to searching for new pillow fabric. I was astonished to find Mimi's Sewing Boutique. She has a lot of great prints which all coordinate of course and I got sucked into trying to pick the three best coordinated ones for my living room. I ended up with these by using colors from my rug.
But then I went to the bathroom and regrouped and decided that I would not make this impulsive purchase no matter how much I love the fabric. The colors in the main multi-print are very strong and are a little too bright for my rug. And I don't want to get into the same situation as I'm in now where I love the prints but the colors are just a bit wrong.

So I will take a trip to JoAnne's and buy a yard or two of several different fabrics to make things not so matchy-matchy and maybe a little more subtle but I still want a pop of red/burgundy to pull out the red in my rug and also to take my decor a step away from beach cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment