Friday, December 11, 2009

Window Coverings

So earlier this week I bought my living/dining room blinds on Overstock. LOVE OVERSTOCK! I wasn't going to buy my blinds until after I got my tax return back but my first choice in blinds sold out so I went ahead and bought my back ups before they sold out as well. Here she is...Ginger.

And since I have my blinds on my mind I've been thinking about curtains. I originally wanted to make my own banned ones like the picture below. So I've been searching for the best deal on linen fabric and doing all kinds of math as to how to make it all work. And then I was thinking about making the header/footer out of print fabric which made my choices even harder. Then I had to find instructions online as to how to make pinch pleat curtains and then add in the cost of materials to make them and it just gives me a headache.
So then I was thinking I would just do solid off white/ivory curtains, but still with pinch pleats. Ikea has very inexpensive and very long curtain panels that I thought about using as my base and then just altering them to make into pinch pleats. But still that adds on more money and time. Then I was looking online for some sort of simple curtain inspiration and found these few images on Ballard Designs and Pottery Barn of solid curtains hung by hooks on the rod.

So I think I have decided to just buy the simple curtain panels from Ikea for like $16 a piece and be done with it. And then down the road if I want to add on detailing like fringe or ribbon or something I can do that as well. But I'm jus tired of thinking about curtains so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment