Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cake Love

After finishing my Hummingbird Cake for our silent auction after church on Sunday, I got the inspiration for my cake. I know, I did it a little backwards but my mind just wasn’t being creative enough to think of something beforehand.

So my idea is a chocolate (or white) cake with raspberry buttercream frosting and raspberry purée in between layers. Nothing original I know, but the frosting would be tinted purple from the raspberries and I would do a smooth coat of frosting on the outside with a raspberry purée/gel design. I got my idea from some commercial on TV for small business something where the Cake Love guy was frosting a cake. And then this morning I looked up his website and they have a lot of photos of cakes to get inspiration from. And luckily, for me, I didn’t just copy one of his ideas. But I think I really need to get a cake turntable and a big frosting knife to make my final product look ‘professional.’

And now I just need to wait till it gets cool enough for me to cook in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment