Tuesday, August 18, 2009

National Harbor

Priya and I visited Ina this past weekend and she made a cake for us!

Well not really, we visited Stonewall Kitchen in National Harbor which carries her products and they had made one of her cake mixes and we tried a sample.

Priya and I had been planning to go for several months and it finally happened this weekend. I didn’t realize how short of a drive it is to National Harbor and how you can just wander around over there and explore.

Anyway, back to Ina’s store. I should have taken more pictures of inside but I only took a few of the ‘kitchen’ they had. There was so much to see and buy. Priya and I tried to touch as many things as we could. I thought it was semi-crowded but Priya felt otherwise. They had several different tastings set out, most of which was some type of cracker/pretzel and dip. Once we finished touring the store we settled on what we were going to buy. Priya bought a bread mix and some dressing. And I was eyeing a mini-tote bag to use as my lunch bag along with some Barefoot Contessa hand lotion and her peach preserves. Priya made her purchase and was given a 15% off coupon and gave it to me to use. So I upped my spending and got the hand soap/lotion and caddy along with a nicer tote bag and peach preserves. They had simple beige totes there with a ‘Barefoot Contessa’ graphic written in light blue which I was tempted to get. The bag I ultimately chose has light pink accents, is a little more heavy duty, and reads Stonewall Kitchen: Est. 1991.
So I made my purchase and received a 15% off coupon as well and hopefully I will get e-mails from them, as long as I spelled my email address correctly.

Afterwards Priya and I wandered through the rest of National Harbor and did couple stuff like take self portraits down by the dock and rode up and down the Gaylor elevator several times and played in the Grotto (just like the Playboy Mansion).
The Gaylord
The GrottoAnd Priya made sure to blame weird paving decisions, or anything really, on Dave-O.

And we mapped out where we would have our wedding ceremony. We found a great spot that overlooked the river but they put a stupid flag pole right in the middle. And you can also hear dolphins if you listen closely enough. (hehe, Priya).
Stupid location for a flag.
Inside the Gaylord.
Silly Little house inside the atrium.
View from the 17th (or 18th) floor.
I was going to post my elevator ride videos but they seemed to take a terribly long time to upload.

1 comment:

  1. wait, i dont get it. is there like a reproduction of ina's kitchen at the national harbor? btw another name for barefoot contessa is bigfat contessa

    ReplyDelete