Friday, August 7, 2009

Waterfront Walk

Good Friday Morning.


This morning after I parked, I took a walk down to the waterfront. I haven’t wanted to come to work lately. I just feel indifferent towards it. It feels like I need a vacation, but I just had one about two weeks ago. So in order to postpone getting to the office, I took a walk along the waterfront.


Old Town is nice in the morning, before the tourist buses get into town. I got to enjoy looking at the old houses on streets I rarely visit. But when I got to the water, I realized how disgusting the Potomac is and not very relaxing at all. Maybe if I wasn’t directly at the water’s edge and saw all the crap in it, it would have been more enjoyable. And maybe if they weren’t jack hammering nearby it would have been more pleasant.


So after being disappointed I walked to Starbucks and got a grande iced coffee which looks very similar in size to a tall.


But at least it’s a cooler morning and being outside is bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment