Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Freakin' Ballard Design

So I just spoke to Ballard Design and ended up cancelling my rug and ottoman order. As you should know by now, I placed the order for my rug and ottoman on July 2nd and knew it might take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive because the ottoman is a ‘custom’ piece. Well I called Ballard a week or so ago and was told that both items would be shipped on the 18th. The 18th was yesterday and I got no email update on the status of my order so I checked my order history online today and both items were still ‘in process.’ So I called up Ballard again to complain. Told the woman about my situation. She checked the new ship date and said it wouldn’t be until September sometime. So I told her that was ridiculous and just to cancel my order because that’s just way too long to wait to get this order. So she put the cancel request into the manufacturer. She didn’t know how my ottoman would work since it was ‘custom’ but said I would get a phone call if they couldn’t cancel it.

COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS!

And then I found out last night that my $70 Ikea lamp that I bought about a month ago no longer works. I checked the outlet and the bulb and it’s the lamp itself that died. So I dug around and found my info on the lamp (just assembly instructions and a receipt) and went online today to find out about exchanging it. Well the website said that things can only be returned with the receipt and original packaging. Well I don’t have the original packaging because I was going to keep it. But I’m hoping they will exchange it for me without the original packaging. I sent that as a question to them. We’ll see and if not I guess I’ll have to call them up and complain.
It seems like things with my house either go well or go bad and this week they have been going bad. This past weekend I finally bought the fabric for my table cloth. I sewed it on Monday and stayed as calm as I could when the upper thread on my sewing machine kept breaking forcing me to sew slowly. Well I was ready to cut it in a circle when I laid it across my table to make sure it was all good and found out that it wasn’t the right size. So I screamed. I don’t know if you know how much time I take in planning these things out. I’d been doing the math for weeks as to how to make it. So I took a break and showered and came back and got my tape measurer out and realized that the fabric was 45” wide, not 56” which I assumed it was. So hopefully tonight I will get to go back to JoAnne’s and buy more fabric to sew onto it to make it work. I just want to get it done so I can put my sewing stuff away and reset my table all pretty in case Stephanie comes down to visit this weekend.

I’m so looking forward to watching tv this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment